Writing A Dissertation Conclusion In American Literature
Completing a dissertation paper can be quite a task especially for those who are not allowed to work in groups. The informed ones seek professional help to complete some of the work or even the whole paper. Whichever way they do it, the standards of a good paper remain and coherence is at the center of it all. Most students are keen to perfect the introduction and forget to transfer the same skills to the conclusion. Writing a dissertation conclusion is as important as doing the introduction.
While the introduction wets the reader’s appetite for more, the conclusion is supposed to confirm whether the curiosity is satisfied and answer any necessary questions. Just like it is possible to lose a reader at the introduction, a poor conclusion can cause them to lose the gist of the work. There are specific objectives that should be met by the end of a dissertation paper and they are checked at the conclusion. A good conclusion should put an emphasis on the thesis statements and give the reader a final impression. The following are winning tips on how to write a dissertation conclusion
- Synthesis of ideas: The conclusion should not be confused with a summary. It’s supposed to be a way of linking the aforementioned ideas to give them a collective meaning.
- Give the way forward: It’s in the conclusion where the ‘so what’ question should be answered. After analyzing other people’s ideas in the literature review and own observations in the findings, it’s time to decide on the point of action.
- Thought redirection: The reader should be challenged to think again and more on the main points of the study.
- Refer to the introduction: Just in case the reader had lost grip on the introductory part of the paper, the conclusion should take them aback. This enables one to wrap up the main ideas in their mind giving the piece of work a stronger meaning.
- Focus on the future: Dissertation conclusions should point the reader to the future. This research is supposed to contribute to the body of knowledge of a specific field. The knowledge is not just for records sake but rather to improve performances.
- Demonstration: This involves creating a picture of how the main ideas in the text are supposed to work together. This helps in bringing the reader to the same level of thinking as the writer, then challenging them to think more.
The conclusion does not have to contain new ideas for it to be captivating. The only trick is coming up with such a correlation and link of ideas that the reader is challenged to follow up on the subject. For finer details on conclusion writing, read more here.